Antonia Mora: Why User Experience Defines the Success of a Product
In this episode, Sarah Tenisi speaks with Antonia Mora, Sr. UX Program Manager at Google Cloud Platform. She has spent her career working within big program management organizations at some of the largest well-known software companies in the world such as Adobe, in addition to Google.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
● [01:26] The difference between “program management” and “project management”
● [02:36] What is “user experience”?
● [04:30] Pillars of user experience
● [08:17] Challenges when developing a good user experience
● [13:26] An example of a great user experience
● [17:06] From a UX perspective, what causes a user to bail on a product?
● [20:45] To what extent is user experience instrumental to driving revenue?
● [23:38] The importance of figuring out who you are talking to
● [28:56] The recent prioritization of user experience in tech companies
● [30:40] Finding a problem to solve
● [31:53] All-in-one versus best-in-class products
● [35:05] The advantages of working with millennials
● [36:55] Do cultural norms influence trends in technology?
● [40:42] One key takeaway
● “User experience is the most important thing that we can think about, because if they can’t use it, who cares what kind of feature it is?”
● “Vision work is taking the time to understand your user by doing foundational research. It’s kind of like the North Star of a product.”
● “Research is so important. That’s all you can do: Go to the customer, find out the problem, and figure out what’s best.”
● “User experience trends are like fashion trends.”
● “If you have the time, you should be talking to your users first to find the problem you’re trying to solve with the thing you’re trying to create.”